Thursday 1 July 2010

QUESTIONS&ANSWERS


o What was your initial response to the production Briefs?
o What was the process that you undertook to evaluate the given production Briefs?
o Creating your shortlist: what was your decision and why?
o SWOT analysis for your idea (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats)
o What initial research have you undertake to enable you to make your decision?

1) I was pleased when I saw the briefs because I am interested in advertising and wanted to design my own advertisement.

2) I thought about how little free time I had available so I eliminated video as that is usually time consuming. I decided against the voice recording because I prefer visual methods of advertising so I ended up choosing a print based brief as it interested me the most and didn’t seem too ambitious.

3) Male fragrance Advert

Lipstick Cosmetics Advert

Onesie Suit Advert

4) Lipstick Advert

STRENGTHS: common advert televised frequently, will not evolve a lot props or complicated equipment.

WEAKNESSES: could be slightly boring, could look a bit plain and unimaginative.

OPPORTUNITIES: I will do some photography when I am on my summer holidays so I can get pretty scenery, I will use my friend as the model who I can see over the holidays.

THREATS: there may be difficulties in photo shopping my friend into the back ground with out it looking unrealistic.

5) I have looked at some fragrance adverts and decided against them because I also went against the ‘onesie’ idea as it would involve a greater number of people and location options would be limited due to weather. However the lipstick adverts seem reachable and because it is fairly simple, I can try and make it different and stand out from the typical cosmetic adverts. I also saw some vintage adverts which interested me further and gave me more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment